Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you are all having a fantastic and festive holiday! If I were in Michigan right now I would love to be up north hanging out by a lake and a campfire, I miss those days. In Arizona it has been too hot to even breathe outside, let alone to do something fun outside. But I am looking forward to going to the fireworks on base in a little while. It isn't 4th of July without fireworks!

For our 4th of July meal, we just got done eating Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers, from the blog What's Gaby Cooking. O-M-G they are delicious! The burger is topped with guacamole and it creates such a great blend of flavors. My husband absolutely loves jalapenos, and anything spicy really, so this meal got 5 stars from him! I highly recommend this recipe, and since we don't have an outdoor grill I used my George Foreman instead and it works just as good.


I apologize for my poor food photography skills, I was way too hungry to get a better picture :)

I am feeling very thankful today. Not only for the freedom and great opportunities this country brings, and the courageous men and women that have fought for it throughout history, but also for all of the innovative, ambitious, and genuinely good people that continue to fight for what they believe in and make this country a better place to live in. Whether it be the kindness of a stranger when you are in need, or the help of local non-profits and organizations that are driven solely by making a positive impact in their community. Those are the people that make this country a great place to live in, and they provide hope for the future.

I am also thankful that I didn't wake up and post this on the internet today for everyone to see:


haha, ohh boy

Happy 4th, and have an amazing holiday weekend!

- Jenny

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha! ohhhh my goodness ... that makes me sad, haha.

    those burgers sound amazing! i am going to try that recipe for sure!

    ReplyDelete